Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd.
Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. (NYSE: RCL, OSE: RCL) is a Norwegian–American global cruise company based in Miami, Florida. It is the world’s second-largest cruise line operator. Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. owns Royal Caribbean International, Celebrity Cruises, Pullmantur, Azamara Club Cruises and CDF Croisières de France, as well as TUI Cruises through a 50 percent joint venture. Together, these six brands operate a combined total of 41 ships with two under construction. They operate diverse itineraries around the world that call on approximately 460 destinations on all seven continents. The company will introduce two more ships by the end of 2015, when it will have a total capacity of approximately 100,000 berths.
Royal Caribbean Cruise Ltd. has 60,300 employees and US$ 7.53 billion in annual turnover and has been voted best cruise line overall for 10 years in a row by Travel Weekly.
Royal Caribbean owns the largest ships in the world, including the much-ballyhooed, 225,282-ton Oasis of the Seas, which set a new record for size when it debuted in December 2009. This groundbreaking 5,400-passenger ship includes such innovative design features as an open-air Central Park with live trees, an outdoor AquaTheater for water shows, and onboard zip-lining.
Royal Caribbean was acquiring and growing at a fast pace. Over 5 billion in revenue was being handled on an aging home built CRM system. The existing solution was deficient in data processing but could handle complex workflow and access controls that the organization was dependent on. Need of the hour was a solution to empower the sales team with a next generation system. This was a tall order, the new system had to provide all existing functionality and further deliver currently missing capabilities on critical data crunching, enhanced campaigning, blackberry / mobile device support and other new features for an increasingly online and social world.
- 360 degree view and management of over 200,000 travel agents and agencies
- Data processing capacity of about 40 million records every week
- Manage accounts, leads, contacts, transactions, budgets, reports, sales contracts and more in one integrated system.
- Continuous data integration with Oracle, AS400 / e-Series transactional system and Microsoft SQL based databases
- Data extraction and Migration from a legacy Lotus Notes system
- Integrated BI – providing in-line graphs and reports
- Mass email marketing platform that could support sending and tracking over 2 million emails per day and further provide detailed tracking and analytics – open, click-through rates and more
- A clustered environment to minimize downtime. The system had to be capable of running on local servers or cloud and avoid a single point of failure
- Integrated co-operative budget management (accounting)
- A very complex cross-department approval workflow system with over 3000 permutations. Intelligence in workflow to abide by organizational hierarchy and manage spending based on user budgets
- A hybrid access control mechanism with hierarchical, team based and ad hoc (for delegation and out of office scenarios) access control requirements
- An flexible legal contract creation and management system to control verbiage and clauses on every contract yet provide negotiation flexibility.
- Primary Modules Enterprise CRM (now MaaxFrame CRM) custom branded as SEAS for Royal Caribbean
- Primary Modules elite campaign and mass email system module
- Primary Modules FlexFlow workflow engine module
- Primary Modules Cross Matrix access controls module (now natively integrated in MaaxFrame CRM)
- Primary Modules Budget Management module
- Primary Modules Legal Contracts module
- Primary Modules Data ETL module for Lotus Notes
- Primary Modules Data ETL module for Oracle
- Primary Modules Data ETL module for MS SQL
The system has been an astounding success for the last few years.
- Delivered within time and budget, SEAS provided fast and efficient Enterprise CRM capabilities
- SEAS scaled smoothly to meet Royal Caribbean’s growing data volumes over the years
- Proved open and flexible. Adapted to almost all new requirements over the years, most of whom were not even known at time of system’s deployment
- Provided critical tactical campaign capability
- Effectively managed all requirements
- Delivered substantial operating cost savings